Tenant Resources

[tabs style=”1″] [tab title=”Rental Application”]

Thank you for considering renting with Key Realty Partners. All prospective tenants over the age of 18 wishing to occupy the unit Must submit a rental application. Rental application of $35 in non-refundable.

[list style=”arrow”]
  • Applicants over the age of 18 must complete an application either online, print the application and submit via email or fax at: 303.416.4215.
  • Occupants under the age of 18 years old must be listed as Additional Occupants on the application.
  • After you submit the rental application please contact our office at 720.295.4462 to arrange for payment of the application via credit card.
  • You can also bring the application and fee into our office. However, the application will not be processed for any of the prospective tenants until the total application fee has been received.
[/list] [/tab] [tab title=”Request Maintenance”]

In the case of an emergency, repair or maintenance request please call 720.295.4462 and leave a voice mail. All messages are transcribed and routed to the appropriate person.

Emergency problems are defined as follows:

  • Problems that require immediate attention to protect you and your family from anything that is life threatening, harmful and to avoid damage to the home, lot and property.
  • A total stoppage of the plumbing drain system causing ALL sinks, tubs, or toilets to fail or function improperly. If multiple bathrooms are available Tenant must use other bathrooms until a plumber can be reached.
  • A water leak, which requires that the water supply to your home be shut off to avoid water damage. Turn off water valve to pipe or exterior water main until contractor arrives. A leak, which can be isolated by a shut-off under the cabinet or plumbing fixture or an outside line, is not an emergency.
  • A total electrical failure that is limited to your home only.
    • Tenant has called the electric company and found that they were not at fault.
    • Tenant has checked all the breakers by flipping them All to the OFF position and then back ON. Tenant must also reset all GFI circuits in the house. Partial outages is not an emergency. If a wall switch or outlet begins to smoke or smell remove all plugs and turn off switch if necessary call the fire department.
  • A complete failure of heating or air-conditioning system during extreme weather conditions (please be aware not all properties have AC).
[list style=”cross”] [/list]

If you have a situation other than these, which you feel is immediately hazardous, damaging or detrimental, please call our office at: 720.295.4462 – be sure to leave a voicemail with your contact information and a brief explanation of the problem. All other routine maintenance request must be put in writing per your lease agreement, and sent via email, faxed or sent to our office.

Maintenance, Repairs, or Alterations

The Tenant(s) shall be responsible for:

  • Repairs and replacements as are necessitated by negligent or intentional misconduct of the Tenant(s), or of the Tenant’s agents, unknown persons, or invitees;
  • Keeping the entire premises free from litter, debris, weeds, and other obstructions. This includes inside the home to prevent infestations of roaches, mice and other vermin;
  • Replacing the furnace filter(s) every 6 months;
  • Tenant(s) shall properly irrigate and care for all trees, shrubbery, lawn and take complete care of the yard at   Tenant’s expense; where applicable.
  • Tenant(s) shall promptly remove snow from all sidewalks on the premises and keep sidewalks free and clear of ice and snow. Tenant(s) will pay for any fine assessed by the City for not removing snow in a timely fashion per City ordinance. If notice or complaints are received, Landlord may contract outside services and charge Tenant(s).
  • Removing any “junk” also known as inoperable vehicles/motorcycles from the property within 30 days of the first notice given.
  • All maintenance/repair and emergency requests should be called in at: 720.295.4462. Leave a message and the on-call staff member will get in touch with you.
  • Unless a true emergency, Tenants may Not hire any contractors without written permission from the Landlord to do so. If contractors are hired without permission, all fees and liability will be the responsibility of the Tenant.
  • Furthermore, Tenant(s) agrees to accept the property in its current condition, with any exceptions noted on the “Move-In/Move-Out Sheet”, and to return it in said condition (normal wear and tear excepted).  Colorado state law defines normal wear and tear as: “that deteriorate which occurs, based upon the use for which the rental unit is intended, without negligence, carelessness, accident, or abuse of the premises of equipment of chattels by the Tenant of members of his household, or their invitees or guests. Tenant(s) shall be responsible for damages caused by his negligence and that of his family, invitees, guests or pets. Tenant(s) agrees to not make any alterations or change in, upon or about the said premises including but not limited to, painting, adding or changing door locks, adding walls or doors, or altering landscaping, without first obtaining the written consent of the Landlord. Tenant(s) agrees that any alteration to the property without Landlord’s written consent will be considered damage.
  • If this property is being provided “Furnished” the Tenant(s) agrees that all appliances and/or furniture are included for the period of Tenant’s lease on the following basis: Tenant(s) agrees, by the signing of this agreement, that all appliances and or furniture contained and stored on the property are accepted by Tenant(s), individually, as being in good working order and good to excellent condition. Tenant(s) agrees to operate appliances and/or furniture in accordance with operating instructions and with the best due care possible.
[/tab][tab title=”Understanding Lease”] Tab content [/tab] [tab title=”Who to Contact”]


Key Realty Partners, LLC
720.295.4462 – Office
303.416.4215 – Fax
Email: management@keyrealtypartners.com

P.O. Box 662
Brighton, CO 80601

2000 S Colorado Blvd
Annex Bldg, Suite 200
Denver, CO 80222

Comcast Cable and Internet: 1.800.266.2278
Excel Energy: 1.800.895.4999
Boulder Police Department Non-Emergency: 303.441.4444
Boulder Fire Department: 303.441.3350
Boulder Post Office (15th st):  303.938.3704
Boulder Community Hospital:  303.440.2273
Boulder Public Library: 303.441.3100
Denver Police Department Non-Emergency: 720.913.2000
Denver Fire Department: 720.913.3473
Denver Post Office: 303.853.6776
Denver Health & Hospital: 303.436.6000
Denver Public Library: 720.865.1111

[/tab] [tab title=”What to Bring”]


1. Make appointment with Key Realty Partners for your lease signing. Lease signings are only done during regular business days Monday-Friday from 8.30am to 5pm.
2. All Tenants must be present at the lease signing. Otherwise, prior arrangements must be made in advance for early signing. However, keys will not be issued until all parties have signed off and full Security Deposits and any required rent have been paid.
3. Lease signings last approximately one hour.
4. Have all utilities (Gas and Electric) transferred into your name on date of lease signing.
5. Bring a picture ID and most recent pay stubs (if not already submitted with the application).
6. Bring monies be paid in certified funds (either cashiers check, cash, money order) made payable to Key Realty Partners.
7. Completed rental application. [/tab] [tab title=”Renters Ins”]

Why Should I Buy Renters Insurance?

While most people know how important it is to have homeowner’s insurance, many never stop to consider whether renters also need to protect themselves.  Renter’s insurance is a type of insurance that protects Tenants and their property from things such as fire, theft/burglary, tornadoes, roof and plumbing leaks and many other occurrences that can damage your personal property. KRP does not require tenants to have Renters Insurance however, if there is a problem you are Not covered by the landlord’s or Owners insurance. Therefore, to protect yourself and your valuables, renters are encouraged to obtain renters insurance. Most rental insurance can be obtained by the same company who provides your auto insurance. Please call them directly to request a quote.

What is Renter’s Insurance?

Renters insurance is an insurance policy that protects you from a variety of perils that might occur to those who rent. Most policies cover the following losses:

[list style=”star”]
  • Windstorm or hail
  • Fire or lightening
  • Explosion
  • Riot or civil commotion
  • Aircraft
  • Vehicles
  • Smoke
  • Vandalism or malicious mischief
  • Theft
  • Damage by glass or safety-glazing material that is part of a building
  • Volcanic eruption
  • Falling objects
  • Weight of ice, snow, or sleet
  • Water-related damage from home utilities
  • Electrical surge damage
[/list] If you live in an area where flooding, hurricanes or earthquakes are a possibility you will probably need to purchase a separate policy or a rider in order to protect yourself against these threats.

Choosing from Replacement Cost or Actual Cash Value (ACV) for your belongings?

To begin, you need to decide how much coverage you need. This varies and will depend on your location. Typically, you can purchase a policy that covers at least $15,000 in personal belongings and several hundred thousand in liability for a couple hundred dollars a year.

The next major consideration is the type of policy you are being offered: ACV (actual cash value) or replacement cost. ACV coverage will only pay you for what your belongings were worth at the time they were stolen or damaged. If you purchased a new television when you moved in for $1500 and it was stolen a year later, you would only receive what the television was worth when it was stolen, not the price you purchased it for. You will pay higher premiums with replacement cost coverage, however, if something happens, you will be paid the amount that it will actually cost to replace your items.

You’ll also need to let your insurer know of any particularly valuable items you own, like a piece of jewelry or expensive electronic equipment. If you purchase a separate rider for these items, they will be covered individually. Most policies do include liability coverage that will cover the costs for any injury to yourself or visitors to your home. Policies can also include specials provisions (i.e. waterbed liability that cover any water damage resulting from a broken bed). If you have something like this in your home, double check your policy to make sure it is detailed within.

You may be eligible for a discount if you have multiple polices with your insurance provider of if you have a security system installed. If so make sure to mention these when you are purchasing a policy.

Another important provision included in most policies is coverage for additional living expenses. This means that your insurer will cover your living expenses in another location, if your home becomes unlivable. The typical limit is 30 to 50 percent of the total value of the policy. You will be limited to what your company considers a reasonable length of time for rebuilding or relocating, often twelve months.

What do I need to do to protect myself?

After you move in, take inventory of all the items in your home. Insurers state that most people underestimate the value of their possessions and therefore don’t have enough personal property coverage. Experts recommend making an inventory of each item including its value and serial number. You should also photograph or videotape each room and be sure all the items of value
are clearly visible. If you make any major purchases, keep the receipts. Be sure to store all the documentation in a fireproof box, on a digital file with online access or in a bank safety deposit box so that your proof is not destroyed in the event of a fire or natural disaster. If you own a dog, be careful—some breeds are often not covered by insurers.

Remember, that like other types of insurance, your premium depends on factors like where you live, your company, your deductible and any additional coverage you purchase. If you want to pay less for your policy, consider choosing a higher deductible. This is the amount you have to pay if you do have to use your policy. For example, if you have a kitchen fire, you may have to pay a $1,000 deductible before your insurance company will pay up for additional damages. Renters insurance is one of the most overlooked types of policies. However, those who have had to use it know its value.
[/tab] [tab title=”Protecting Family”]

Download Lead Based Paint Pamphlet

[/tab] [/tabs]